Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Element of Kindness in a Nutshell





One of the major things on my mind lately is that oft-repeated Brony slogan "Love and Tolerate," especially on how to understand "love" and "toleration" so that the phrase doesn't become "disinterest in what others say or do whilst having warm and fuzzy feelings." I think the nature of love demands more than mere sentiment. If you truly are the friend of another and wish them well (love), you don't adopt a stance of “not giving a shit” about what they do. More on this in a future post...

I've also thought a little about Fluttershy and the virtue of friendliness/amiability she embodies. I've had a few posts on the subject, but I think Rainbow Dash in the first issue of the new My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic comic nicely summarizes my point:


"Fluttershy! When are you going to learn that you're nice until it's not time to be nice!"


1 comment:

  1. Oh cool, you are going over the comics too!

    Email me your comics reviews so I can link to them when I put mine up.

    ReplyDelete