Thursday, October 24, 2013

Blog Update

Being away from the blogging game has given me time to reflect about my niche  in the Catholic blogosphere. I know for sure I'm the only Catholic blog with an image of Rainbow Dash with a halo next to St.Thomas Aquinas. Now that I'm thinking of reviving my blog, I'll probably update the banner with my improved photo editing skills .I might even keep the pony just for the uniqueness.

There are a few good Catholic sci-fi blogs (The B-MovieCatechism, God and the Machine, Otaku Catholic, and John C. Wright). My friend DGD also has "Sci-Fi Catholic." I guess I can squeeze in somewhere.

If you're curious, the "RPG" in my name stands for "Role-Playing Game." Depending on when you were born, you might immediately think either Dungeons & Dragons or The Elder Scrolls. Since I'm in my early 20s, I'm far more familiar with the recent computer RPGs.


I'm not quite sure how I can relate video games with Catholicism, but if my friends Brandon Watson and Dave Ives can extract philosophical and theological insights from the Care Bears and the Star Wars Holiday Special, I can probably do some of the same with Mass Effect or Bioshock.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see someone like you take a crack at JRPGs. If you dare.

    ReplyDelete