Saturday, September 15, 2012

Just another Lazy Saturday: 80's Cartoon Nostalgia Edition

What content does a blogger offer while trying to finish his more substantive posts? Well, if you're a nerd like me, one good way to provide amusement is to look back at the intros of some of my favorite cartoons from the 80's:

                                                                Transformers

                                         
Before Michael Bay and Shia Labeouf, the animated Autobots and Decepticons conspired together in the mid-80s to make us buy toys with their sheer awesomeness. What young boy, after all, can say 'no' to transformable robots that kick ass?

                                                                 G.I. Joe



Only in a kid's cartoon can two sides wage total war with zero causalities.





I heard that Michael Bay planned to give TMNT the "Transformers treatment" until Paramount mercifully shut down the reboot.




Even more than 20 years later, He-Man still has the power.


In honor of my friends Brandon and DGD, I include these two intros:



Besides the friendly ponies of Equestria, what other virtue ethicists do you know of that can drive cloud cars and shoot rainbows from their tummies? Alasdair MacIntyre? Speaking of ponies...

My Little Pony G1 (aka My Little Pony n' Friends)



I wonder why there weren't many Bronies back in the 80s...

No comments:

Post a Comment